Wednesday 5 December 2012

Hello Old Friend

Today I took an hour out of the hustle and bustle and took a stroll around our local garden centre. All the Christmas displays were up and they looked so lovely. So many gorgeous colours.
Traditional Reds and Greens..
Scandinavian inspired..
Red and White..
Funky ...
Cuddly....
Wooden..
Cool Blues..
Sparkly Blues and Whites..
Lilacs and Turquoise..
Romantic Pinks and Purples
Lots of snowmen
And even more sparkles..

I was very tempted, but I didnt buy anything. Besides, none of them could compare with my favourite ornament. It is quite old and very delicate and holds many memories for me. Every year, it is carefully unwrapped and takes centre stage on the Christmas tree.

Meet Sammy the Snowman. He appears every year like an old friend.

Miss C made him 16 years ago. He is made out of a toilet roll tube and cotton wool. Although he is looking a little tatty, I wouldn't part with him for the world. When Sammy arrives, we really feel like its Christmas.

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

No comments:

Post a Comment