Monday 3 December 2012

Mum...

Eight years ago today, I lost the most amazing woman in my life, my Mum. She and Dad were on a pre Christmas holiday with my brother and his family. One minute she was standing talking, the next she was gone. We had no idea she was ill, she had told no one. She had been more concerned about nursing my dad through his cancer and stroke, she had ignored her own health.
Baby Phoebe and Mum


Because I wasn't with her that day, I'll never know first-hand what it was like to see her pass into eternity. It took me a long time to come to terms with the fact she was gone. Part of me felt cheated that I wasn't able to say good bye to her and tell her that I loved her. Yet another part of me felt fortunate that she was alive in my last memory of her.

My Mother was the strongest woman I have ever met. She had this fiery spirit that could not be contained. She had a full smile that could be fake to those she didn't care for. I would be lying if I said she loved everyone she met, because she didn't. But when it was genuine, her smile glowed. And she had a wicked sense of humour.

She was a strict mother, she had her rules and we had to stick by them. But, she was fiercely proud of her family and we always knew if we had a problem we could go to her.

Mum and Dad

She didn't like to cook at all but her Sunday dinners were amazing. Its a good thing Dad loved to cook or we would have starved

Her garden was a wonder to behold. Every plant or flower she touched flourished. She loved her garden with a passion, almost as much as she loved Barry Manilow.

She was so beautiful, flaws and all, and I hope that I can live the kind of life that's worthy of being her daughter.

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

No comments:

Post a Comment