Monday 14 January 2013

Shes Leaving Home...Bye Bye

Its a sad day for me today, and one I have been dreading for a while. My little girl has moved into her own apartment, closer to her job. Ok I know 19 isn't a little girl, but she will always be my baby. I just don't know where all the years have gone.

One minute she was a baby

 The next minute she was a beautiful young woman

 One minute her room was full of boxes and bags

 The next minute her room was empty

I admit I shed a tear, and so did she. I will miss her so much.

Then she was gone. 

As I stood watching her drive away, a lump came to my throat and it suddenly hit me that the nest was now empty and all my chicks were making their own way in the world. And you know what, I don't think I did a bad job raising them at all.

By the way, she has phoned 4 times since she left this morning, and the phone is ringing again. I wonder if its her?

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Awww, you did a great job Mom and she will more than likely be calling constantly. I cried and cried for hours when I dropped my son off at university. It took me almost a year to get over the empty nest syndrome and I STILL miss him four years later!!!!!! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete