Sunday 6 January 2013

Sunday Thoughts ~ Matthew 2:11

 

     And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child
     with Mary  his mother,  and fell down,  and worshiped him:  and 
     when they had  opened their treasures,  they presented unto  him 
     gifts; gold, and frankincense and myrrh.
                                                      Matthew 2:11


Today is Epiphany, the day when the church has traditionally celebrated the visit of the wise men, or Magi, to the Christ child

The wise men journeyed quite some time, and quite a distance, to be eyewitnesses of an event that would change the course of the world. It was a long and arduous journey, but nothing was more important to them than this. They had left their homes, their positions, and all that was familiar to them, and traveled with great faith in order to find the One who had been born to be the King of the Jews
Eventually, when they arrived at the place, and found Jesus and His mother, they paid Him the kind of respect only God deserves, bowing before him and worshiping him.

What a great example the wise men are.  It makes me ask myself how much of a sacrifice am I willing to make in order to worship the son of God? How far would I travel? How much time am I willing to give? The wise men left their lives as they knew them to seek after the Saviour. I should also be willing to leave behind my transgressions and work to follow the Saviour. I need to always search for Jesus and make Him the priority in my life. Like the wise men, what gift can I give to Jesus? I think, the most precious thing I can give, is the gift of myself and ask Him to use me everyday for the furtherance of His good will on earth,
 
After the wise men met Jesus, they did not go back the way they came. When we get to know Jesus Christ, we are changed forever and cannot go back to our old life.

Maybe, like the wise men themselves, all I have to do is to worship the Messiah, Jesus Christ , my Saviour and Redeemer.

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

Photobucket

1 comment: