Wednesday 23 October 2013

My First Cornbread..

Last weekend, Mr D and I had a lovely meal out at Marie Callenders. It made a nice change to have someone else cook for me. It was also the first time I had tasted cornbread...and I must say it was delicious. I'm now a fan and will be making it myself 

  Marie Callender's Style Cornbread

 

This recipe is the closest I could find to the Marie Callenders taste...Its moist and sweet  with a cake-like quality and it turned out excellent


1 cup flour
1 cup cornmeal
2/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 egg
1 cup milk
1/3 cup oil


  • Mix dry ingredients together in large bowl.
  • Mix wet ingredients in another bowl 
  • Mix with dry and stir till combined.
  • Pour into ungreased 8x8” pan 
  • Bake 20-25 min at 400°F.
Love and Hugs 
Phoebe x

No comments:

Post a Comment