Tuesday 10 December 2013

Chats on the Farmhouse Porch ~ 120

Christmas is getting closer and everyone is really busy..but there is still time to go over to Everyday Ruralty, and visit Patrice and her Chats on the Farmhouse Porch. Grab a coffee...or better still..a lovely hot chocolate and lets see what questions she has for us this week

Have you baked any Christmas cookies yet?
Yes..its all part of getting into the Christmas Spirit. As well Cranberry and White Chocolate Cookies, Miss C and I have made Shortbread and Almond Macaroons
    Have you finished your shopping yet?
    The gift shopping is all finished. We are still buying odds and ends for Miss C's new home, and we still have food shopping to do. But actually everything is right on track.

    If you had reindeer like the story of Santa, what would you name them?.
    Now this is a difficult one because Im not very imaginative. But what about in honour of Christmas crooners.. Bing, Dean, Frank, Nat, Gene, Perry, Tony, Johnny and Elvis....at least we would have a magical musical ride

    What was the most memorable Christmas gift you ever gave or received?
     I love every gift anyone has ever bought me ...but the one I remember the most...for different reasons was when I was bout 5 years old. My cousins told me they had asked Santa for a baby doll, that cried, and wet...and had pretty outfits. My cousins always got what they wanted off Santa and more. I really wanted a baby doll too, so I wrote to Santa, knowing that he didnt always bring me what I asked for..( At the time my parents were having severe financial difficulties and were struggling even to put food on the table..though they never let slip) On Christmas morning, not only did I get my beautiful pot head doll, but she was lying in a wicker rocking cradle with beautiful embroidered bedding, and four gorgeous outfits, either knitted or delicately hand sewn.. Santa was so good to me that year (thank you Grandma and Auntie J) and I cherished that baby for thirty years til I passed it on to my own baby


    Please tell me something new, interesting, or funny.
    Since arriving back in the Uk..and with all the rushing around Im doing..I have lost 5lbs in weight...which is a good thing with Christmas just around the corner
     Thats another good week of questions
    Thank you Patrice. See you next time

    Love and Hugs
    Phoebe x

    No comments:

    Post a Comment