Friday 20 December 2013

Chats on the Farmhouse Porch - 121

Its time to take a break from all the rushing around and visit Patrice over at Everyday Ruralty for her weekly Chat on the Farmhouse Porch. Why dont you join us.


Heres this weeks questions, and my answers

What is your favorite way to have potatoes?
I love potatoes...cooked anyway..boiled, baked in their skins, fried, mashed..especially with a little garlic mixed in. But  have to say, my most favourite must be roasted. Cooked in a little duck fat, light and fluffy on the inside, crisp and golden on the outside, a must with a traditional Sunday Lunch. Delicious!

Do you keep your house toasty warm or a bit cooler?
Now Im back in the UK and the weather is cold, wet and miserable, a warm and toasty house is a must, especially this time of year..I love nothing more than to snuggle down in front of a blazing fire, with a mug of hot chocolate and watching an old black and white movie..Heaven.

What would you most like to see under the tree?

To be honest with you... there is nothing I really need this Christmas. I have always told my children..just get me a nice card.. it means a lot to me that they took the time to choose the card and the sentiment inside. But, what I really want for Christmas, is for everyone, everywhere, to have a roof over their heads and to feel safe and loved. This winter I had the opportunity to see the other side of life and spend time with people who through a huge range of circumstances..had literally nothing.. no home..no family..no food.. nothing..All they had is what they could carry. It truly made me appreciate what I have. It was a real blessing and there, but for the Grace of God go I. Please spare a thought for them...especially this time of year

Do you have an Elf on the Shelf?

I think an Elf on the Shelf is a lovely idea. We dont have one in the Uk...but next year...I will.  But a regular on our tree is Sammy The Snowman. Made my my daughter when she was 4, out of a toilet roll, sticky paper  and cotton wool, hes been a regular ever since. It just wouldnt be Christmas without him.

Have you put up a Christmas tree this year?
This year, I am spending Christmas with my daughter in her new home. As its her first real home all her money has been spent on furniture, etc. And, as her job is so demanding, she completely forgot about a tree. To surprise her when she got home from work the other day, I went out and bought her a little one and decorated it. She didnt notice it  straight away.. but when she did.. she was over the moon

Love and Hugs 
Phoebe x 

No comments:

Post a Comment