Thursday 20 February 2014

Almond Milk

I'm on a bit of a health kick at the moment. I need to look good for my wedding later this year. I don't have a weight scale so I'm going by my clothes. Since Christmas I have lost 2 dress sizes so not bad.

Anyway being a bit of a foodie, I'm always looking for ways of cutting calories in food, without losing the flavour.

So, I have to thank Cathy over at Curious as a Cathy for this fabulous tip, and introducing me to the wonders of almond milk

Like Cathy, I have been having oatmeal for breakfast. I find that it warms me up and fills me til lunchtime..no need to snack. And like her, I was making it with water, which to be honest was just ..well...watery ..and tasteless. Then I read her post, and thought...wow..must try that. And its lovely. I use half water and half almond milk..and voila..a creamy bowl of deliciousness, for barely any added calories

I use it in my coffee too...and it has a mildly nutty taste...yummy

Here are the comparisons

 
    100ml 
Whole Milk
 100ml (2%)    Reduced Fat
100ml NoFat    Skim Milk
100ml Alpro Almond Milk
Calories
62
52
35
24
Total Fat
3.35
2.03
0.18
1.1
Carbs
4.66
4.83
4.85
12
Fiber
0
0
0
0
Sugar
5.42
5.52
5.09
3
Protein
3.32
3.4
3.41
0.5

Contains almonds and may contain other nut traces of course... Dairy, lactose and dairy free. Suitable for vegans & vegetarians

If you decide to try it....I would love to know what you think

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the weight loss! I am allergic to anything/everything almond, unfort. I love oatmeal and cream of wheat. Wedding?????Do tell..Blessings

    ReplyDelete