Tuesday 4 February 2014

Chats on the Farmhouse Porch ~ 126

Just been out for a lovely walk...no rain, blue sky and the sun is shining. Its a wonderful morning to go visit Patrice over at Everyday Ruralty for our weekly chat on the Farmhouse Porch.Why dont you grab a coffee and join us?

Everyday Ruralty
Everyday Ruralty

Do you worry about what other people think?
Always have...always will.. but I really shouldnt. Honestly...life is too short, and I should have the cofidence not to care...

Life  is short, don't waste time worrying about what people think of you. Hold on to the ones that care, in the end they will be the only ones there.

Do you own a sewing machine?
I used to have one..and I miss it. It was so easy to run up  a pair of curtains, or a few cushion covers. One day maybe I can get one again ...a little sewing room would be lovely


Tell us about someone interesting in your life. Please
When my uncle died suddenly three years ago, everyone worried for my aunt. Having been married for so long, and her sons married and left home, we thought she would become lonely and depressed.....how wrong we were. Time seems to have stopped for her..and shes actually getting younger. Shes always on the go..running around for her family, baking pies and cakes, cooking the weekly roast dinner for her extended family, planning incredible days out for the grandchildren. She has been seen on a zip wire sliding down a hill...and thats her below..on the mega slide. She does all the DIY in her home...her son found her up a ladder last summer, painting the upstairs window sills. Shes the first on the dance floor, always dresses up for halloween, loves the playground swings and last week had a space hopper race with her grand daughter. She just goes to prove...that you are never too old. I hope I have that much energy when I get older


Did you watch the Super Bowl?
We dont really watch the Superbowl here in the Uk...so I didnt. But Mr D did back in the States. He was over the moon that his team won. But, I did watch the Rugby on Saturday....and my team won too..Good game Wales

north italy

What's the best dinner you had last week?
Chicken Breast Stuffed with Pepper Jack Cheese & Spinach, with baby potoates and green beens. It was absolutely delicious
Thanks for the great questions Patrice, see you next week

And.....here comes the rain again

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. I think doing anything we love helps to keep us young. That's probably the secret of your aunt's longevity. Oh yum, that stuffed chicken breast looks delicious! I may have to try that! Great to meet you on Patrice's farmhouse porch! Your newest GFC follower! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you, she really loves everything she does
      Lovely to meet you Cathy..please call again.
      Hugs
      Phoebe x

      Delete
  2. I always hoped I wouldnt be too senile for my grandchildren, and so far at 72, they seem to still want to be around me, for which I am thankful. Your chicken looks great and I have to give it a try. I went back to school at 70 for a two year course and passed, so maybe that is helping to keep my brain working! Happy Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your aunt sounds fantastic - a true inspiration! Your dinner looks delicious! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. heck. I wish I had that much energy now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That chicken dish looks really yummy!

    How wonderful that your aunt is so active, so playful. I read an article earlier today about how important it is for us to play. It said that it helps to hold off dementia. So, we should all make sure to play in some form every day, to learn something every day, to prolong the functioning of our brain. It sounds like your aunt is doing a great job at this! Besides the brain functioning aspect of it, she's building wonderful memories for her children and grandchildren. :)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stuffed chicken breasts look marvelous! I can almost taste them now!

    I loved hearing about your aunt! I think it is wonderful that she has continued on with a very active life. What fun she must be to be around.

    ReplyDelete