Wednesday 28 January 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge

Its time to join Joyce at From This Side of the Pond for another Wednesday Hodgepodge. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone has written





 1. When did someone last suggest you 'chill out'? Or, when did you last tell someone (or want to tell someone) to 'chill out'? Or, when did you last tell yourself to 'chill out'?
Last year I was forever telling myself to 'Chill Out'. We applied for my visa to come to America in January. The process was so long, and each step took so much time.. I was very impatient. From start to me actually getting on the plane took 11 months. Mr D was more positive. He would tell ME to chill... He would say "All in God's time" ...and he was absolutely right.

2. What most recently caused your heart to melt?
Being so far from my family, one of the concerns I had was that my little Grandson would forget me. But, Skype is a wonderful thing. I called my son the other morning...and Little H heard my voice and came running into the room, very excited, shouting 'Nana! Nana!' and started jabbering 100 to the dozen and kissing the screen. My heart didn't just melt...it absolutely exploded!


3.  "An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered." G.K. Chesterton  
Your thoughts? When did you last experience either an adventure or an inconvenience? How did you see it at first, as an adventure or an inconvenience?  Does it feel the same in hindsight?
My whole life is an adventure right now. When MrD asked me to marry him and move 5.000 miles from my home...I had so many emotions. Scared about moving so far away...sad about leaving my children, family and friends....worried about being in a country where I only know three people..apprehensive about my change of lifestyle! After two short months all my fears have vanished. My children are happy, and coping quite well without me.(pfffft). I'm getting to know people here and the way of life, although different ..is enjoyable. MrD and I are so happy, I know I made the right decision. Now my only concern is to remember to look the right way when crossing the street...

4.  A Wendy's Frosty, root beer in a frosty mug, or a frosted chocolate cupcake...of these three, which one is your favorite 'frosty' treat?
Honestly...I haven't tried any...yet!  I don't like root beer...but the other two will do just fine.

5. Would you say your life so far this year has been more like a circus or a symphony? Explain why
As you can see from the above answers...I would say 2014 was quite a circus... But now...its a definite symphony. I pray it lasts

6. Since it's a 'snow day' here, what's your favorite song containing the word 'white'
'Ride a White Swan' by T-Rex. A memory filled song form my girlhood...please don't judge...I remember 'boogieing' to it at the school disco as a pre-teen..lol


7. If you had to leave the city you currently live in, what would you find the hardest to leave behind?
As you can see, not only have I just left the town where I lived....I left the country too. Funnily enough...my blogpost yesterday was about what I miss about Wales. But..the hardest thing...without a doubt...was leaving my children and grandson.


8. Insert your own random thought here.
Thank you Lord for Skype
 Great questions...I'm looking forward to next week

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Yes, it must have been so hard to leave your family and thank God for Skype... Imagine all those dear immigrants so many years ago leaving their families knowing they would not see them again on this earth.. Wow.. I could not have done that.. Take care.. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pheobe, I remember how hard it was for us when our grandson was born (16 years ago) as he lived in one country and we in another. It was back before Skype...it was MSN Messenger type thing. I would make recordings of myself reading nursery rhymes and stories and send them to him. He still has those tapes. ;) It sounds as if you are adjusting quite well. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I can't even imagine the shift of moving from Wales to California. Aren't we all so thankful for Skype! It is wonderful to be able to keep in touch with families and see those sweet faces. When our son was in Korea in the Army and Skyped his kids back home, his little girl came to think that 'Daddy lives in the computer.' Kinda sad. Thank you so much for stopping in at Cranberry Morning. I'm adding you to my Feedly and GFC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Skype is an answer to a prayer for me too. My son, daughter in law and grandbaby girl had to temporarily move to Denmark. I love when we all get to skype and see each other. I am thankful that they get home visits every 6 months. Can't wait until they are back home to stay. I love that my little almost 3 year old grand-daughter knows as much or more than me about computers. And it is the most natural thing on earth to talk to us on the computer. I have enjoyed your post.

    ReplyDelete