Wednesday 18 November 2015

A Mixed Bag

Its a bit of a jumble of a post today....

My crafting is well underway for some Thanksgiving decorations. With the couple of things I've bought, the few pine cones I have found on my walks, along with the bits and bobs in my craft cupboard, by the weekend the house will be looking a bit more festive.  By the way, I was told that when you put the pine cones in the oven to kill the bugs, the house would smell lovely. It didnt....yuck!

We bought the turkey yesterday. Not too big, but enough to give us more than a couple of meals. Hes resting nicely... I wont say happily... in the freezer. Later this week I will get the stuffing ingredients. Its a recipe I have used for years, and it freezes well so I will make it in advance.

I got through to a second interview for that little supermarket job I tried for. Its on Saturday morning I have a lot of forms to fill in...dont you just love them? Who would have thought they would need so much paperwork to stack shelves? And wouldnt you know it...dozens of pens in the house...and not one has black ink

I watched with pride last night, as Prince William led the tribute to the Paris victims at a football/ soccer match in London. It was very touching when the crowd sang the French National Anthem. By not cancelling the game it was a finger in the face to the terrorists who want us to hide. We live in a very scary world right now, but there is no way we should  ever show fear and back down to anyone who wants to harm us.


Enjoy the rest of the week
Love and Hugs
Phoebe x 


4 comments:

  1. Very nice tribute - I agree that cancelling the game would be something that makes the terrorists happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Mari...and we have "Tom" resting in our freezer too, smiles. Have a beautiful day friend.

    ReplyDelete