Friday 14 October 2016

This is MY World


Well...Im back....although technically I never really went away

First of all I would like to thank those of you who sent me lovely messages and it was partly your love, kindness and concern that persuaded me to come back. 

I guess I became a bit disillusioned with blogging for a while. I have always been a bit naive..and honestly thought the world was a nice place. I had faith in people..believing that everyone should treat others as they would want to be treated...with love..understanding and tolerance. As long as you wernt harming anyone..why should anyone want to hurt you.  But I was shaken to find that life wasn't like that. Even the blogging world is full of nastiness....and sometimes it was aimed at people I love ...and ultimately..at me. No one really knows everything about the person behind the words written on a screen. When you write something.. you dont know how it will affect the person reading it. Some of the things I was reading made me feel like I have never felt before...and I didnt like it as it was something that concerned me directly. It wasnt even the initial post that got to me so much. Everyone is entitled to write what they want on their own page....Thats what blogging is about. It was the comments it got... and the reaction I got for the comment I made...I wont go into detail about what it was that affected me so badly...its in the past and thats where it will stay.

Any way...I decided the best way for me to deal with it was to step back for a while...delete the negative...hurtful and sometimes nasty comments...and ignore. So much has happened in the last few months and I've come to realize that the Blogging World is actually full of amazing people...and the good out weigh the bad tenfold. These people include my amazing family who are so far away.

Phoebes World is actually my way of keeping a diary...snippets of my life that I want to remember and share with the people I love. So while I was 'away'...I still kept writing posts...I just didnt publish them. My daughter asked me why I wasnt publishing them...because its part of her life too. She has been encouraging and persuading me for a while. So maybe I should...after all...it IS my life...and this IS my world...well a little corner of it. I'm not afraid of sharing it..If you dont like what I write...you dont have to read it...just like I dont have to read your posts either. Thats how the blogging world works

So apologies for the many posts from me that may appear of the next few days. Im going to republish some posts that for some reason returned to draft...and publish some from over the past couple of month. Believe me there are many.

Im grateful for your ongoing support and so blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life

Love and hugs
Phoebe x


2 comments:

  1. I don't understand why people feel the need to say hurtful things. That's one of the reasons that I have nothing to do with social media as it seems to be a vehicle for nasties. Hope you will go on posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phoebe - I'm glad to see you here again. I'm so sorry someone posted hurtful things. I don't understand that behavior.

    ReplyDelete