After passing her driving test first time...Miss C was on the hunt for her first car. Today...it arrived. Affectionately known as Maggie...its a fiat 500... in smooth mint. Funnily enough...thats the same colour she was in love with when she visited last year.. Jacket, purse and nails...all smooth mint.
I sure do miss my girl...especially this time of year. I loved Christmas baking with her...she was so good at the decorating..although when she was little she ate more icing than she actually put on the baked goods. My little Pudding Face !! So today I made chocolate chip cookies...two kinds... and in her honour..and iced some like Christmas Puddings..
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In large bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt
- Stir into the butter mixture until well blended.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or just until set.
- Cool slightly on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave for 45 seconds
- Dip cookies into the chocolate and decorate