Saturday 13 May 2017

Pride....

As tomorrow is Sunday... I'm quoting Proverbs 16:18.... 
Why? Well I've been bragging about not having any side effects from the chemo... except being tired after my walks... which by the way I'm loving ..especially cos I can start taking my photos again.

And then it happened... and I've had a miserable couple of days. Although I have been really careful...I have a mouth full of ulcers.. on my tongue, gums and inner cheek... and nasty cold sores on my swollen lip and my chin. I look like I went two rounds with Rocky!

As I was warned..Chemotherapy kills good cells as well as the bad... but I can live with it. I have some excellent gel that numbs my mouth... but as for the doctor saying eat what you like.. well its a bit difficult right now.

Still it wont last for ever.. and it has taught me a lesson.. 

Pride does come before a fall

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

2 comments:

  1. I don't think it was pride - just being thankful. And we all were! Praying you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you take Active live yoghurt? It replaces some of the things that antibiotics remove.

    ReplyDelete