Tuesday 26 September 2017

Hair Raising!!

Im feeling so much better and getting back into the swing of things. Yesterday I had my chest x ray and blood tests ready to see Dr Phan tomorrow.. but quite honestly I dont think his fears of pneumonia will be realized as Im breathing almost to full capacity.
Today Im pondering something... a bit of vanity creeping in. As you can see from my pics my hair is growing back quite fast. Its fluffy.. a bit grey...still patchy.... and sticking straight up!! I always spent a lot of time doing my hair... If my hair wasnt right...then I wasnt right. When I was a little girl... my hair didnt really start growing til I was in my terrible twos. Until then I just had a strip of hair down the middle..which my family affectionately called my 'Mohican" I didnt have my first hair cut til I was 4 or 5.. and the family used to say my hair was growing inwards!! I was so jealous of my cousins lovely long thick blond locks...sigh! Fortunately.. I dont think Im having that problem in this regrowth... even tho its a bit thin at the sides.
Anyway..I digress. The question Im asking myself is.. My hair is looking quite tatty and uneven, The hair on top is sticking straight up. Should I should trim it or just leave it? Will cutting it encourage quicker growth? Will it eventually start lying flat? What would be best?
I was hoping that it would grow back naturally blond...with a slight curl. I dont think thats happening. Ahh well.... there's always "Nice and Easy".. lol
Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

8 comments:

  1. Hooray for growing hair! I'm no expert but I would let it grow a bit and then trim it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mari... yes I think leaving it may be the best idea,,,even though its quite untidy. I may have to continue covering with a head scarf for a while yet x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would let it grow and just wrap a cute scarf about the perimeter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is beautiful, as are you, and I would just let it grow. I recently learned of the "Boho Bandeau" which is very popular for cancer survivors as their hair grows out. You can google Boho Bandeau by Natural Life...each one costs about $13.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mildred.. Im looking up Boho Bandeaus right now
      Phoebe x

      Delete
    2. I bought one of these for a friend and the fabric feels wonderful. Hardly know you are wearing anything. I sent you an email also.

      Delete
  5. I'm not sure.
    I never lost every little bit of hair. I have a very thin fuzz. I don't know what to expect, but I hope it comes back thicker.
    Hugs,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete