Friday 17 November 2017

Three Happy Years

Three years ago this weekend I left my home in Wales to travel 5,000 miles to start a new life in the US with my lovely MrD.  who has gently encouraged, supported and respected me from the day we first spoke
It was a huge step to take and very bitter sweet.. but I have no regrets. The hardest part was leaving my children. Although they are all grown and settled in their own lives.. they are still my babies. Saying goodbye to Miss C at the airport was heartbreaking
Without their blessing I would never have left.. but they were all really happy for me. Its still very hard being so far away from them but they do visit and I get to talk to at least one of them every day, Now I'm getting well again I hope to go back as often as I can.
Roll on March 7th... It cant come fast enough

Love and Hugs 
Phoebe x

6 comments:

  1. Happy 3rd anniversary of being here. Your dear hubby is a blessing, and I know this trip coming up is going to be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Coming to America Day Phoebe. You were very brave. How did you meet your husband?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had an American penfriend for over 40 years. We met through her. I came to visit her a few years ago and she introduced us. Who knew back then that it would turn to something much deeper and I would be flying 5000 miles to spend the rest of my life with my best friend x

      Delete
    2. I love it...we attended the wedding today of two friends who lost their spouses and found each other. It was so touching. God is Good to bring joy for sorrow.

      Delete
  3. What a fairy tale perfect story! I’m so happy for you! My husband and I met through eHarmony. We married two short months after we met! Best thing that ever happened to me! Who knew? Like you, I had the blessing of all four of my children or I would have never had the courage to marry again. I’m so glad you are regaining your health! You have had such a journey with stories to tell!

    ReplyDelete