Thursday 21 December 2017

Thrifty Thursday... and Yorkshire Puds

Hubby is on his way back from his work trip to Texas...and no more work for 6 days so our Christmas can officially start. While he was away I kept myself busy with Christmas prep. I also managed a quick trip to Goodwill and picked up a couple of bargains
This pretty China plate for 50 cents
And this cute little house for $1. 
I put a couple of  Christmas lights inside and it looks really pretty

We have also decided that after having such a huge turkey for Thanksgiving we are going to have a change for Christmas. We have a small turkey breast ...but for the big day itself ...we have a nice piece of beef. Of course..you cant have Roast Beef without Yorkshire Puddings...so today I made a batch and I have frozen them so they can be reheated when needed. I have shared the recipe before... but here it is again, Its a recipe passed down from my mother, grandmother....and possibly great grandmother... and it never fails

Nana B's Yorkshire Puddings


1 cup (140g) plain flour
200 ml milk
4 eggs
salt and pepper
Vegetable oil for cooking

  • Heat the oven 230C/ Gas 8
  • Pour a little oil into into a 12 hole non stick muffin tin
  • Put in the oven to heat until sizzling hot
  • Put flour into mixing bowl
  • Beat eggs into milk and add gradually to the flour
  • Beat until there are no lumps, add salt and pepper to taste then pour into a jug
  • Remove tins from oven and carefully pour batter into holes
  • Cook undisturbed in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown 
  • DON'T KEEP OPENING THE DOOR!
  • Serve immediately or if you leave them to cool they can be frozen for later use
Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

6 comments:

  1. n one of the Martha Stewart Christmas specials she did beef and Yorkshire pudding with a cook who is popular in Great Britain...I cannot remember her name. My family comes from the Yorkshire part of England so I was interested in the Yorkshire puddings. They look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am printing the recipe! Thank you! Texas is chillier today than yesterday. Hope your husband arrives home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Phoebe!

    Your thrift store finds are adorable, and the little house looks so cozy with the lights in it. Does it ever make yo wonder why they got rid of something so cute?!

    Beef is always a good choice for Christmas dinner, that's what we're having as well. Believe it or not, I have never made, Yorkshire Pudding! Don't you think it's about time I did? Your recipe looks so easy and delicious...I think I'll give it a try, wish me luck!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the thrift store plate, sometimes you really find some great treasures! Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice thrifty finds!! Merry Christmas to you and your mister.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you enjoyed having your Yorkshire puds!

    ReplyDelete